Total Pageviews

Sunday 10 May 2015

Paula Wood I knew this. I been trying to tell folks don't adopt one of these beasts. You don't know where the beast came from. They hide these beasts pasts all the time.

Advocate and experienced dog trainer Liz Marsden nails the truth about fighting dog adoption bills that are popping up in states. These bills must fail as there is NO oversight after a dog seized from a dogfighting raid is adopted out locally or shipped to an out of state rescue. Pets and people are paying with their lives ‪#‎pitbull‬ ‪#‎adoption‬ ‪#‎rescue‬ ‪#‎state‬ ‪#‎legislation‬‪#‎fightingdogs‬ ‪#‎rehabilitation‬

by Liz Marsden On April 29, 2015 I testified before the Rhode Island House Health, Education, and Welfare Committee against a bill, H. 5585, which if passed would require law enforcement agencies t...
ANIMALS24-7.ORG|BY MERRITT CLIFTON
Like · Comment · 
  • 45 people like this.

  • Write a comment...
  • Colleen Kelly I just wrote my state representative.
    Like · Reply · 1 · May 8 at 6:43am
  • L Michele Lafferty The dogs need to be euthanized.
    Like · Reply · 4 · May 8 at 2:25am
  • Karla Elvis GREAT article - no wonder rescues/shelters are so eager to accept such beasts... the com subsidized! It's in the best interests of the SHELTER to turn these dogs as quickly as possible so as not to spend the entire stipend on them... they get to keep the rest....
    Like · Reply · 1 · May 8 at 11:59pm
  • Paula Wood I knew this. I been trying to tell folks don't adopt one of these beasts. You don't know where the beast came from. They hide these beasts pasts all the time. I hear this junk all the time at animal shelters. See parents walking in with young children. I tell them to ask were the beast came from they do. They have told them don't know. They walk away & look at other animals. I tell them smart move. I time a child wanted a big dog older dog saw the parents & child looking at pits. I started looking & talking to other breeds. Got a beagle to howl & bark, wag his tail & act adorable. Child broke away from parents & said can I try. Told her how I did it. She tried so hard. She started to walk off. I said it take practicing with animal, it don't happen over night or in seconds. I been doing this for awhile. Smiled at her & said now watch. Got hm to do it again. She just laughed & giggled. then he did it again because of her laugh & giggle. She took him home that day. He was only a small to medium size not some huge canine she couldn't grow up with or handle. Folks that are adopting out dogs look at the children that will be playing with them. Children don't always know what they need they only know what they want or whats parents want. Big difference between need & want.

No comments:

Post a Comment